Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Witching Hours

Parenting solo...

Sometimes Cov has to travel for work. A lot of times it's just for a day or two. This week he will have been gone five days. That is way longer than two days.

I know I am with the kids by myself from when they wake-up until normally 5:00/6:00 at night when Cov gets home. So what's the real difference? I mean, my kids go down at 7:00 and 7:30, it's only 2 to 2 1/2 hours more a day. You know what the real difference is?  It's 2 to 2 1/2 fucking hours. The witching hours to be precise. 

5:00-7:30. Shoot me. I know it is said over and over but there is a reason Happy Hour overlaps with this time. You need alcohol to survive. 

My precious, charming children as soon as the clock strikes 5:00 turn into monsters. 

They are like gremlins who are fed after midnight. Crazy versions of their former cuddly self.  Or a toy whose batteries are running low, they turn into effed up versions of themselves. Their voices are distorted, they can't move their bodies as well  and you cannot decipher what they are trying to communicate anymore. 

However, unlike battery operated toys and gremlins, all seems to be well when you get them wet.  I don't bath my kids to get them clean, I bath them for my sanity and their livelihood.  

Here's to bath time and Cov coming home today. 

1 comment:

  1. So true! When my daughter was younger, her witching hour began around 3:30 pm and didn't end until my husband would come home at 5:30 pm. It got to where I was on my first glass of wine (or the occasional shot of vodka if the day was really rough) before my husband even got home because she acted so possessed. Haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete