Thursday, November 7, 2013

Vegetable = Crazy Mom

Sloan, my 3 1/2 year old, was suppose to bring a vegetable to school today because they were going to make soup together as a class. Sounds so simple...

First off, I of course forgot about it until the night before. And, we had been traveling the entire week  so I wasn't stocked up on my normal produce. I didn't have a veggie to spare. Limp Romaine, anyone? I think not. So, I simply needed to pick a vegetable to bring and bring it. That is when picking a vegetable became a big decision.

You could bring canned or fresh. Canned? Oh please, I wasn't going to let anyone think I used canned vegetables. THAT is ridiculous. Tomato? No, too small and lame. Zucchini? No, everyone will bring zucchini. Mushrooms? No, most kids hate mushrooms, she can't be that kid that brought mushrooms. Spinach? Okay, now we are talking. Spinach is full of nutrients and goes great in soups. No one else will bring it. And above all, it will make my precious Sloan look like she comes from a house that having  well balanced diet is of the utmost importance. Spinach it is.

WHAT THE FUCK. Did I really just waste my brain power, strategic thinking, marketing skills and time on picking a vegetable for my 3 1/2 year old to bring to school? Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I mean, I'm really not that type of mom... or am I?

Needless to say, bringing a vegetable to school made me realize I am fucking crazy. I am turning into a Helicopter Mom. Oh, hell no. Hell no! I will not be one. I refuse. I re-fucking-use. Lesson learned.

Next time I have to bring a vegetable to school it is store-brand, canned cauliflower!!!

Ha! That will show them! That will show... me?  Fuck, I'm still over thinking it.

We will skip school that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment